Synchronized swimming is a life-long sport and is FUN for all ages. The sport results in the development of a high level of PHYSICAL FITNESS. Participating in synchronized swimming is an enjoyable way to make FRIENDS through teamwork.
Athletes must learn compulsory figures and at least one team routine, and will develop and enhance their swimming skills. Figures are comprised of basic positions linked by transitional movements. Opportunities may be available for solo and duet routines as well. Routines are choreographed to music and performed at competitions and water shows.
Swimmers participate in the Year End Water Show. Please visit the club's calendar for the dates.
Benefits of participation in Synchronized Swimming:
- Development of Sportsmanship - acceptable behavior, fairness, and equity;
- Development of Physical Attributes and Swimming Skills - fitness, strength, endurance, breath control, cardiovascular, core muscle strength, posture, control, and flexibility;
- Enhancement of Cognitive Aspects - enjoyment, confidence, self-esteem, risk-taking, scholarship, competency, artistic abilities, creativity, goal setting, work ethic, and pride;
- Augmentation of Social Skills - FUN, sharing, teamwork, leadership, friendship, respect, code of conduct, responsibility, and accountability; and
- Participating in Appreciation and Celebration - Individual accomplishments, peer achievements, club endeavors, coach successes, and parental contributions.
All Lethbridge Synchrobelles programming runs with the knowledge and integration of long term athlete development. A careful balance is struck between challenge, competition and fun based on the athletes's age, physical abilities and developmental maturity. Learn more about long term athlete development here: http://www.canadiansportforlife.ca/